Improv for Business: Creativity and Innovation
The Maydays business improv course in London is an open group programme, allowing you to book a place as an individual, without needing to form a group in your own company.
Improv training is a great chance to shake yourself free of your patterns and hierarchies in the workplace. We love to organise bespoke workshops for an existing team but these sessions give you a chance to be yourself with a new group of people.
It doesn't much matter whether you're the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, the MD of an SME, or a mild-mannered janitor. Once you get in the room, everyone is equal, and everyone is supportive. It also doesn't matter whether you consider yourself to be an introvert or an extrovert.
Improv for Business: programme contents
The business improv course is universally accessible. You do not need any previous experience of improvisation, you don't need acting skills, you don't need to sing or be funny. If you have some of those skills already, you're equally welcome, as long as you remember this is not about solo acts.
Instead, using our extensive experience of improvisation in corporate settings, we build unimaginable levels of trust, collaboration, teamwork and communication. That alone may inspire you to take the spirit of improv back to your respective organisation, but there's more. Youll also spend the afternoon free of judgement and with your inner critic firmly silenced. We create a space where you reconnect with your inner child, be spontaneous, think on the spot, make stuff up and laugh, a lot.
Each day is slightly different as we adapt to you and your fellow participants and each session has a different emphasis, meaning that you can get a lot from a one-off session, but equally you can book in advance to have a regular dose of improv throughout the year.
Every programme is CPD accredited, so the points can count towards your personal development or annual training plan.
Improv course outcomes
Each session we run will include exercises to develop:
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make strong decisions in real-time
- Group collaboration and teamwork
- Presentation and communication skills
- Agility and free-thinking
- Active listening skills and concentration
- Positive attitudes to being out of your comfort zone
In addition, this particular session will have a focus on: Creativity and Innovation
- Find the space to be free with your own thoughts.
- Turn off your inner critic and be abundant with ideas.
- Accept and build on the offers of other people. Together you can build something extraordinary.
- Find out that you do not need to be an expert to have great ideas.
- Create, build, destroy and create again.
- Creativity is often left to creative types. We are all creative but often shut down ideas and instincts before they have the chance to be anything. Not just our own ideas, but other peoples too, creating a judgemental space where nothing grows. We create a space where yes is the most important word.
By the end of the session, you'll feel more invigorated and excited by the wealth of ideas and depth of your own creativity. You will also have a newfound respect for the genius of others.
Who is this course suitable for?
This course is intended for people working in a business setting, regardless of position on the pay scale. Whilst many of the participants will be business owners, executives, leaders and managers from all backgrounds, no one will feel out of place. Our central London training venue is suitable for people with limited mobility. If you have any special requirements you'd like us to be aware of, please email us for advice or information.
Date: 18th November 2020
Time: Arrive from 13.45 for a 14:00 start and a 17:00 finish
Cost: EARLY BIRD £315.00 per person until 28 days before the start of the course and £465.00 thereafter.
Venue: Faber Academy, Bloomsbury House, 74-77 Great Russell St, Holborn, London WC1B 3DA
Nearest transport links:
Nearest tube: 5-minute walk from Holborn Station (Central & Piccadilly Line), a 7-minute walk from Tottenham Court Road Station (Northern & Central Line).
Nearest bus stop: British Museum (Stop W) no. 14 bus.
Parking: The venue does not have parking, but there is a car park just across the road in Bloomsbury Square.
Faber Academy (View)
Bloomsbury House, 74-77 Great Russell St, Holborn
London WC1B 3D
|Minimum Age: 16|
|Kid Friendly: No|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|